It's from the Dinosaur BBQ cookbook. Any DinoBBQ lovers out there? I love that place.
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Honey Hush Corn Bread
Makes 9 servings
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Set the oven at 350 degrees F, Grease an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with shortening. Pop the pan in the oven to heat while you're mixing up the corn bread.
- Mix the cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter in another bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and give them a good stir, just til everything is moistened. Pull the hot greased pan from the oven and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or til a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Take the corn bread out of the oven and brush the top with honey.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before cutting into squares.
Variation: Cheddar-Jalapeno Honey Hush Corn Bread
Follow the recipe for Honey Hush Corn Bread, stirring 1 cup cubed extra-sharp Cheddar cheese and 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced, into the batter right before pouring it into the pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes and glaze with honey in the same way.