Not my recipe, not my idea. It's just one of those recipes floating around facebook. Since I try to keep all the recipes I like here in this space so I can find them, I'm posting this here. Recipe is from here.
By the way, if there's a recipe that is posted here and you can't find it in the "Recipe" tab, it's because I stink at updating that tab. To find one the recipes listed on this blog, go to " google.com " and type in my blog name and what you are looking for (ex " born imaginative cookie cake"). It will pop right up.
The one thing I did change in this recipe here is I didn't put two sticks of butter for the frosting. That's a LOT of butter. One stick, confectionary's sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and it worked fine. I listed the original recipe below, so you can choose.
Blueberry Zucchini Cake with Lemon Buttercream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Grate a large zucchini (or two small zucchini) and place in a clean dish towel. Squeeze until most of the liquid comes out. You will want to have 2 total cups of shredded zucchini after it has been drained. Set aside.
- In a large bowl and using a hand mixer, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini.
- Slowly add in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Gently fold in the blueberries. Divide batter evenly between prepared cake pans.
- Bake 35-40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Lemon Buttercream
- Combine butter, sugar and salt and beat till well combined.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla and continue to beat for another 3 to 5 minute or until creamy.
- Fold in zest*.
- *If you are piping this buttercream, I recommend leaving out the zest.