Maybe it's the pregnancy. Maybe it's new-to-us springform baking pan a friend gave us that I was dying to try out (Why have I never had one of these before?!). Maybe it's just my relentless sweet tooth. But I just couldn't get Blueberry Buckle out of my brain. It's especially delicious right out of the oven. Thank you for the recipe, Martha Stewart. http://www.marthastewart.com/317441/blueberry-buckle
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 cups wild or cultivated blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a springform baking pan, and dust with flour, tapping out excess. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low, and add egg and vanilla, beating until fully combined.
- Add reserved flour mixture, alternating with the milk, a little of each at a time, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Remove from mixer. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle streusel topping (below) over cake. Bake until cake tester comes out batter-free, 60 to 70 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in the butter until fine crumbs form.
- Using hands, squeeze together most of the mixture to form large clumps. The topping can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
I make a blackberry buckle every summer (at least 2 times!) Maybe you can come and pick with us come July. :) Also, my sweet husband got me a blueberry rake for Christmas so that it doesn't take me an hour a day to pick a pint of blueberries. Do you have one?? I bet you do....those low bush sweeties are tough work!ReplyDelete