I first posted these cookies here. They are yum, seriously yum. The recipe calls for rolling them into fingers, pressing a fork and then dipping.
But I decided to take an old favorite and try to roll and cut them out.
Worked beautifully. So good.
So, go ahead and try it. Give your cutout cookies a new delicious flair. They are the fanciest cut out cookies I've had!
Danish Chocolate Orange Cookies
from Old World Favorites, page 22
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 T grated orange peel
1/2 tsp orange extract (or I've used 1 T of orange juice instead, or you can use lemon juice)
1 1/2 cup flour
1) Mix above ingredients in sequence.
2) Roll out onto floured surface, adding flour if needed. Use cookie cutters to cut desired shapes.
3) Place on a greased cookie sheet, bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes.
5) Melt 4 ounces of semi sweet or dark chocolate.
6) Dip end of cookie in chocolate, dip in crushed nuts or sprinkles(optional), let cool on wax paper.